Over 90 Years
facility & product range
in the technology market
FICEP Endeavour enables Kloeckner Westok to maximise efficiency and offer its customers even more ways to lower their production costs
Kloeckner | Westok is justifiably proud to have pioneered the use of cellular beams across the UK and Ireland and in parallel with its continual investment in free design software and academic developments.
Acting on their customer feedback was a pivotal factor in influencing their most recent decision to invest in a bespoke FICEP Endeavour Line.
This Endeavour CNC Drilling, Milling & Scribing Line has the ability to cut, drill, mill, notch and scribe asymmetric and cambered, cellular and plated beams. Cambered and asymmetric beams are the common beneficial features of a clear span design, but often they can cause bottle necks for steel fabricators in production as many standard saw and drill lines are designed only to handle and process straight and symmetrical sections.
Katja Pandza, Group Marketing Manager commented:
"Having listened to our customers' and following considerable supply chain research, FICEP provided us with the best solution to meet our customers' needs. Westok's new capabilities now include:
- All data import capability
- Automated process for the cutting of cellular beams
- Cut and Drill supplied for beams from 2.5m up to 20m length, 500mm wide flanges and 1155mm in width.
- Ability to process Asymmetric beams from 9m up to 20m
- Ability to process Cambered beams from 2.5m up to 20m
- Standard Drilling available up to 40mm diameter up to 100mm thickness
- Interpolated Milling up to 250mm wide apertures
- Milling function for openings / notches
- Full scribing options available
- These additional value added services enable our customers to maximise their efficiencies, develop their own processes and lower production costs.
FICEP Endeavour Line investment is a significant step forward in Westok's in-house capabilities and compliments previous investments in a Corimpex beam welding line and bespoke purpose build beam builder. With Corimpex beam welding line, also supported by FICEP, we are uniquely positioned in our ability to design and manufacture both cellular and plated beams for optimum design and economy. Furthermore, our bespoke, purpose-built beam builder allows us to significantly improve efficiency and safety in the manufacturing process of Westok Cellular Beams whilst also enhancing our in-house free-of- charge cambering and curving capabilities."