Over 90 Years
facility & product range
in the technology market
Katana is the latest Ficep development in the field of band sawing. This machine can carry out extremely fast, top-quality operations when processing profiles with up to 60° mitered cuts. Katana is available as a stand-alone saw, a complete sawing line or as a combined solution with our drilling lines.
The advantages of Katana:
- Mitring cuts up to 60° in each direction
- Easy maintenance and cleaning
- Extremely fast cutting speed whilst maintaining accurate cuts
- Remote diagnosis is possible through a network connection that allows our service team to perform routine checks
- Thanks to a special device the line can be equipped for semi-automatic processing of pipes
- Quick and easy to replace the saw blade as required
- A synchronized brush will automatically remove chips from the blade.
|UTOMATIC CNC BAND SAWING LINE – KATANA
Profile size at 90° [min mm]
Profile size at 90° [max mm]
Profile size at 45° [max mm]
Profile size at 60° [max mm]
Motor power [kW]
Band saw blade speed [max mt/min]
Band saw blade size [mm]
Machine weight [kg]
The Katana 100 machine is specifically designed to improve speed.The blade has a steeper rake to facilitate less wear on the blade and the robust design of the arc overall further reduces the risk of vibration.
When cutting at both 45 and 60 degrees the new improved inclined arc gives up to 40% increase in the size of the section that canbe processed when mitring, compared to previous Ficep band saws. Our automatic magnetic small parts and scrap removal device has been specifically modified to suit this saw toprovide our customers with the most efficient handsfree material unloading device available.
Whilst we have made these improvements, the saw is still one of the most compact-sized machines built for sawing applications on heavy sections up to 1,000 mm wide and 450 mm high.
The horizontal clamps operate simultaneously with the moveable blade guide which is automatically adjusted closer to the material when mitring,saving valuable operational cycle time.
This combined with the vertical clamps positioning control made by the CNC, adjusts automatically to the correct position and section size, further improving the overall efficiency when sawing sections and different steel profiles.