Over 90 Years
facility & product range
in the technology market
Close Coupled Drill and Saw Systems
A close coupled drill and saw machine used for steel fabrication combines a drill and saw positioned side by side. This type of tandem system is ideal for many steel processors as it reduces the plant space required, needs only one operator, and reduces investment costs compared to buying separate drilling and sawing machines, unless the facility has unlimited space.
CNC Controlled Band Saw
- The Ficep engineered and manufactured band saws have a movable magnet integrated into the design. Trim cuts, short parts and drops are automatically unloaded without operator involvement.
- The position of the blade relative to the section being processed and is automatically controlled by the software. This determines the start position, when to slow down for the web and the end of the cut
- When a new blade is installed, the system automatically runs-in the blade to achieve the optimum blade life.
- All adjustment of the horizontal clamp positions and the blade guide position is established automatically through the software even on miter cuts.
- When the saw blade requires replacing the operator is notified on the CNC.
- Automatic sensing of blade pinching in the beam due to material stresses provides less traping of the blade.
- Automatic separation of the cut part from the stock length prior to the blade withdraws to enhance blade life.
- PC based control system for ease of operator familiarisation
- Low maintenance cost due to the utilisation of a standard PC platform
- The Ficep software eliminates the requirement for additional hardware such as third party axis control boards, PLC hardware and encoder switching boards
- The Ficep Windows based control is provided with the proprietary Ficep software for remote diagnostics through a phone or internet connection.